Styrian GP qualifying could be postponed to Sunday

[ad_1]

Rain washed out ultimate follow for the Styrian Formula One Grand Prix at Austria’s Red Bull Ring on Saturday, with the chance of qualifying being postponed to Sunday. Stewards stated the consultation were cancelled at the advice of the governing FIA’s protection delegate.

“Looking at that torrential rain I don’t think it’s realistic that we are going to run today,” Mercedes group boss Toto Wolff advised Sky Sports F1 tv.

Race director Michael Masi stated the scientific helicopter, wanted to fly to sanatorium in Graz an hour away via street within the match of a significant twist of fate, used to be not able to take off within the cloudy stipulations. If the elements stipulations stay too unhealthy to run on Sunday morning, however bettering for the afternoon race get started, grid positions will be made up our minds via lap instances from Friday’s 2nd follow.

Teams have been steered of that chance already ahead of that follow. Red Bull’s Max Verstappen used to be quickest on Friday, forward of Mercedes’ championship chief Valtteri Bottas who gained closing weekend’s season-opener on the identical circuit.

“We’ll wait and see when qualifying comes about and evaluate the weather conditions at that point,” Masi, who will make the general name, advised Sky F1 tv. “From what we’re seeing forecast-wise, it (the rain) will continue.”

Formula One has held qualifying on Sundays ahead of due to unhealthy climate, maximum just lately in Japan closing yr. Masi stated it could most likely get started at 10.00 a.m. (0800 GMT) with the race proceeding as scheduled. Ross Brawn, F1 managing director for motor sports activities, stated the Red Bull Ring, within the middle of the Austrian state of Styria with its scenic backdrop, used to be all the time a problem weather-wise.

“But we’re just so pleased to be here, even if the weather is lousy,” he added, with the COVID-19 pandemic forcing the cancellation of the March 15 Australian opener and placing all racing on cling till closing weekend. “There’s a chance maybe at the end of today we’ll get some running, but certainly tomorrow looks fine.”

.

[ad_2]

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *